The fourth edition of the Continuous Personal & Career Development (CPCD) Program Speech Contest culminated with ten contestants competing for the coveted title of ‘CPCD Speech Contest Champion’ during the final round on 8 September 2016. All ten finalists were eagerly vying for a Top 3 spot that came with attractive prizes and trophies. A Challenge Trophy was also up for grabs, with the winner taking it back to the centre to be proudly displayed.
- Catherine A/P Setalin (R.E.A.L Kids Kajang Prima)
- Hasan Hass Beevi binti Liyakat Ali (R.E.A.L Kids Taman Cuepacs)
- Zeenat Begum binti Rasul Khan (R.E.A.L Kids Bukit Jelutong)
- Nurul Afiqah Aliah binti Abd Halim (R.E.A.L Kids Denai Alam)
- Razya Abdul Hameed (R.E.A.L Kids TTDI)
- Noorshazreen binti Abdul Nasir (R.E.A.L Kids Putrajaya)
- Ivy Goh Kim Ling (R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12)
- Sivasanggari A/P Ravichandran (R.E.A.L Kids SS19)
- Krishnaveni A/P Ramayah (R.E.A.L Kids Kemuning Greenhill)
- Santini A/P Silvaraju (R.E.A.L Kids Cyberjaya)
The above contestants, most of whom were first-time public speakers, rose to the occasion and delivered captivating speeches that brought both tears and laughter to the audience. The ample faith, support and encouragement shown by their principals and colleagues also boosted the speakers’ morale as they gave it their all in a closely-fought but enjoyable contest. In the end, the panel of judges had the tough task of determining the Top 3 finishers and champion speaker. With the scores tabulated, below were the much-anticipated final results:
- Champion – Ivy Goh Kim Ling from R.E.A.L Kids USJ 12 with her winning speech, ‘I Have Learned’
- 1st Runner-Up – Zeenat Begum binti Rasul Khan from R.E.A.L Kids Bukit Jelutong with ‘Life in a Kindergarten’
- 2nd Runner-Up – Hasan Hass Beevi binti Liyakat Ali from R.E.A.L Kids Taman Cuepacs with ‘The Power of Words’
This latest round of the annual CPCD Speech Contest saw a host of new faces taking the stage, thus validating the competition’s objective of continuously promoting personal development amongst R.E.A.L staff. As the curtains came down on yet another exciting edition of CPCD, all the speakers went home as winners in their own right for having the courage, competence and confidence to take the first bold step of participating. In the process, they not only brought pride to their respective centres but also benefitted much in terms of their own growth and self-development.
The CPCD Program is a public speaking program which uses the Toastmasters model to cultivate peer learning and growth for each individual who desires to develop themselves in their career and personal lives. Through the platform of speaking on topics related to the R.E.A.L Core Values (5Cs), Mission and Vision of R.E.A.L, Code of Honour, as well as those that are Inspirational and/or Motivational in nature; every staff would have the opportunity to learn from each other and continue to improve oneself.